Thursday, November 29, 2007

Alexander Wang

Three words come to mind about Alexander Wang's work:
femininity . strength . playfulness.
He is a native to San Francisco and I can hardly believe he is only 24 years old! His eye and editing of shape, color and style are so exquisite that it's easy imagining how wearing one of his dresses and blouses can empower your mood.




I have fallen in love with each and every one of his pieces. The colors and delicate fabrics remind me of the ephemereal, gorgeous but deadly fins and tails of a fighting fish. After I spied the shimmery blue top I was so entranced by the color I went home and sketched the blues (see my Fighting Fish sketch above).

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

the blues look like they are on fire! i can see what you mean about the little details

Anonymous said...

i LOVE alexander wang!!