Wednesday, February 13, 2008

ShopFriend: I Dream of Cake

I had the most wonderful time meeting with Shinmin Li of I Dream of Cake. She is crazy talented and her dedication to detail leaves me speechless. We happen to share mutual clients who had always wanted us to meet and we finally made that happen. Lucky for me, I got to see her amazing studio...or should I say "gallery" in the heart of North Beach where she both showcases and creates her edible works of art. I couldn't resist taking pictures of her studio and her cakes (which I will post up later) but first, I just had to show all of you some cakes from her Haute Couture line. And YES, those really are CAKES ladies and gentlemen...




Jaw dropping right? Stay tuned for more...

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

my two favorite things on earth are shopping and sugar. her work is incredible!

JD said...

I can't believe they're cakes! Absolutely AMAZING!!!!

Anonymous said...

insanely amazing! that detailing is out of this world!