Thursday, July 3, 2008

Monkey Business

Sometimes it's nice to just turn it all off...turn off the design, the falutin' aesthetics, throw all decorum aside...and just be ridiculously cheesy. Thanks to the amazing talents of my team, they surprised me with a jungle themed party for my birthday complete with monkey masks, tin foil palm trees and grass skirted tables. At heart, we are a bunch who love a good laugh and we have a LOT of inside jokes at the studio that were extricated for the event.

above: Paper monkeys swung from the chandeliers. If you've ever seen the inside of our Paper Studio, it is usually a confection of pastels and civility. I was duly impressed to see how my crew turned it upside down and transformed it into a party zone complete with a photo corner where we posed for "prom pictures." Thanks again team, for a most hilarious and wonderful birthday celebration!

7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

these photos are great!! when i'm in paper studio later i'll check that the monkeys have behaved overnight!

Anonymous said...

this looked like so much fun! I agree...cheesy parties are tres chic :)!

Anonymous said...

btw still have the lion king soundtrack on three-peat in my head

Paris Hotel Boutique said...

That looks fun! Happy Birthday Kat!

Anonymous said...

you and your "crew" always put a smile on my face :-). happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

we want to see prom pics! roar!

Shop Friends said...

thank you!! I'm still recovering from laughing so hard...I think I cracked my monkey mask.