Friday, May 30, 2008

Cupcake Friday: Sex and the City

It's Cupcake Friday and I'm sure we will be excavating something with sugar today in the studio! And as all of you know, it's also the opening of Sex and the City. Will you be joining the swill of estrogen at the theaters this weekend (sorry guys!)? If you are...and if you love cupcakes...then you might remember Sarah Jessica Parker's character, Carrie, biting into a cupcake at Magnolia Bakery in New York. In a past article, Villager claimed this very scene "remade Bleeker Street" and sent real estate values soaring (read here)!


I have to admit, for lack of having HBO or the wrong schedule I have not been a dedicated follower of Sex and the City over the years so I cannot vouch for the Villager article. But as a sugar addict I can fully subscribe to Magnolia Bakery's cupcakes being able to drive the cost of square footage through the roof!

Have a happy Friday everyone!

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember the episode! and I LOVE magnolia cupcakes. I always buy at least half a dozen and deal with the guilt later.

Anonymous said...

you've inspired me to eat cupcakes for lunch! happy cupcake friday!

Anonymous said...

i'm wishing my savory beef sandwich for lunch is a sweet cupcake instead!