Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Leah & David: San Francisco dream wedding cont'd...

So here we are...swooning from their romantic ceremony. What a trip for guests to trolley over to the very tony, 30's inspired Bix restaurant in the financial district of the city. The interior of the restaurant was inspired during the time of luxury liners like Cunard and if you've ever been, then you know it mixes glamour and speakeasy all into one.

above: Their colors were indigo and gold with a touch of pink.


above: a twirl on the dance floor (just love that little brooch on Leah's train).
They danced to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow."



Leah says that David calls her his "Princess of Sparkles" so how appropriate to end the night by lighting two foot sparklers outside of the restaurant!

Thank you so much Leah for sharing your beautiful story and wedding. We wish you and David continued verve, laughter and love!

7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

the mailbox is the cutest thing ever! did guests put love notes into it? what did they use for favors?

Shop Friends said...

Hi Sarah! Leah was kind enough to share the note requesting notes from the guests:
"Over the course of our entire relationship, we have constantly written (and mailed!) each other letters + cards.

Our ring pillow is composed of the most meaningful pieces of our ongoing correspondence.

Please feel free to drop any notes or cards in the mailbox!"

And for favors, they gave their guests the open bar and party privileges all night :)!

Hapa Power said...

Regarding the love mail....

When I asked Leah out on a date, she did give me her phone number. I gave her my address. (Waited anxiously) Thanks to nudging from her good friend (and Maid of Honor), she wrote me. I wrote back to her with the date details....

... she didn't realize it was a date. But that's a different story.

Anonymous said...

they wrote love letters to one another from the beginning?! I am so hooked onto this couple, can they adopt me :)?

Anonymous said...

such handsome, rich photos! i also love the feather on the "love mail" box

JD said...

mailbox is genius!

Hapa Power said...

Had a typo in my first comment...

Regarding the love mail....

When I asked Leah out on a date, she did NOT give me her phone number. I gave her my address. (Waited anxiously) Thanks to nudging from her good friend (and Maid of Honor), she wrote me. I wrote back to her with the date details....

... she didn't realize it was a date. But that's a different story.