Thursday, January 10, 2008

Shhh...a surprise!

There is something about the light in Napa and Wine Country that softly touches any wedding and its guests with a golden light. It is no surprise that this is a top destination for weddings where the big day can be held before rolling vineyards.
I wanted to share some of the photos from my sister's beautiful Napa wedding this past summer at the Andretti Winery.

As her sister and maid of honor, it was truly touching be a part of her special day...I was so sentimental through it and teary-eyed through most of my toast!

My little sis glowed and I think her photographer, Joseph Hong of John & Joseph Photography, truly captured not only the beauty of their locale, but their essence as a couple.

Below: Ok, so here's the surprise part...a little gift for them which I've been meaning to present for some time now: the photo above where they are standing before a wall of ivy inspired this sketch (and a portion of my toast). It needs to be finished out, but I hope you like it guys!

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so cute, what a delightful surprise! It captures our day perfectly, can’t wait to hang it on our walls. So lucky to have such a talented and thoughtful big sis! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

the wedding looked absolutely sun-kissed! was it difficult to book the winery? what a wonderful drawing!

Enjoy Celebrations and Occasions said...

I just came across your blog and am hooked!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!! beautiful sketch!!! Did you make it on the computer?? Great job!!! Is it made of all tiny little stars??? Love it!!

Anonymous said...

oops,sorry for the double post!

I LOVE napa weddings. And if this was done with stars, OMG Cat! That's so special and you are so talented.