Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Vera Wang: the "Suite" life

Our design studio has been quite busy lately and we've been feeling a little burnt out! So I am currently in Oahu for a little rest and relaxation although my crew is probably wondering what the heck I'm doing writing and faxing and emailing in the middle in the night (I promise I am relaxing)! For one thing, I HAD to post about the Vera Wang Suite at the Halekulani Hotel. If you are a Vera devotee like I am, then this is THE place to stay for your honeymoon, anniversary and very special occasions. The suite is 2,000 square feet and designed by Ms. Vera herself.

Vera got engaged in Hawaii, so it's no surprise that she would choose the Waikiki locale for such an elegant and romantic suite. One can bask in all that is Vera--the designer's touches are everywhere: her favorite floral arrangements are found in each room, table settings are from her own line for Wedgwood are in the dining room and she even has a menu of her all-time favorite movies to watch. Combine this with a 24 hour butler, and a lanai with views of Oahu's legendary Diamond Head and sunset over the ocean and you have the biggest, baddest honeymoon suite in all of Waikiki. Oh, one more thing...it costs 4k a night, so no, I am not staying here but a girl can dream right?

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

i am so inspired to re-do the bedroom now! Thanks for drilling more holes in my wallet =)