Monday, March 3, 2008

Fashion meets Food: Isaac Mizrahi

I love Heidi's latest installment for her "Cookbook List" on 101 Cookbooks.
Isaac Mizrahi shares his love of cooking and lists his top cookbooks including a favorite chocolate cake recipe from the Fannie Farmer Cookbook. Who knew Isaac could rock a chocolate cake?

Here is the simple but infamous Fannie Farmer 1931 recipe for chocolate fudge. Try it and let me know if it lives up to its reputation!

***
Fannie Farmer’s 1931 Chocolate Fudge

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons butter
4 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups light cream
4 squares chocolate
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

Melt butter in a pan 8 x 8-inch, add sugar, cream and chocolate, stir gently
until chocolate melts. Boil without stirring to 238 degrees or until mixture
forms a soft ball when dropped into cold water. Remove from heat, let stand
until cool and add flavoring. Beat with a wooden spoon. Pour 3/4-inch thick into
a buttered pan and mark in squares.

*****

Stay tuned for tomorrow as I post up my chat with Heidi Swanson on the success of her creative path and favorite recipes from her new cookbook!

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

it must be meant to be. I love Isaac Mizrahi and my favorite cookbook is the Fannie Farmer original. I love him even more now that he can bake!

JD said...

wearable food should be his next endeavor!