Wednesday, April 9, 2008

New Paris Interiors and Whale Tails

My sis and brother in law just purchased their first place and are busy as bees painting their walls and decorating. Needless to say, I've been trying to keep my eye out for furniture finds and found myself poring over this new book: "New Paris Interiors" by Angelika Taschen.

above: the pages I loved most happened to be the ones where there were elements of surprise. From whale tails, to a gorgeous canoe tub, to a plaster crocodile sconce...they capture the personality of the owners and help bring a lightness to the sometimes oh-so-serious art of decorating!

above: I love how this modern dining room is able to incorporate an edited version of the owners' many collected flea market and antique house finds.

6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

dining room inspiration is exactly what i needed!

canoe tubs make every bath an adventure-- i love it!

Anonymous said...

Ooo how beautiful. The problem is I'm horrible at keeping my house tidy so even if I had it designed and set up like the above, it'd never stay looking the way it's meant to! :)

Anonymous said...

that gator sconce just made my day!

Anonymous said...

very beautiful..........i wish my place could be as tidy.

Shop Friends said...

ditto to all of the above!!
I doubt this...but I always hold out hope they all have a secret, cavernous closet where they squish all of their odds and ends into :).

Anonymous said...

i'm in love with the whale tail chair and canoe tub!