Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Destination Events

A customer of mine came in over the weekend looking for travel bags and clothes for an upcoming spring event (an intimate combination birthday and wedding) at the beautiful White Barn Inn in Kennebunkport, Maine. Granted it's still a ways off, but she was so excited that she wanted to get a big jump start. I couldn't think of a more wonderful compliment to the hosts for making their guests feel as excited about the event as they are!
Above: I'll have to live vicariously through my customer, but if I were off to Kennebunkport, I'd be sure to pack preppy flats and a versatile blouse from Jcrew for the day.


above: Coach tote bag and Fashionaire suitcase to make travel all the more efficient.

3 Comments:

sue said...

I am a regular guest to shop friends. This post made me home sick. I have attended a wedding and dined at The White Barn Inn. I'm from Maine and now living in Seattle. I return to Kennebunk for two weeks every summer. My wedding in Maine on April 6, 1991 was sunny but the ground was covered with melting snow. Packing stylish boots might be a good idea.

Unknown said...

i love the rich reds and charcoals in the first storyboard, and the deep blues and aquas in the next!

Shop Friends said...

Sue, you are so lucky to have dined at the White Barn Inn! I have heard incredible things about their food. And thanks for the tip on bringing some boots along--I will have to pass this along to my customer :).