Friday, December 7, 2007

Shop Friend: Norma Lynn Hood


Norma Lynn Hood's crochet cakes make the little hairs on my head dance every time I see one. These crocheted wonders are filled with lavender inside and this collection includes the most intricate sweets including miniature tortes, carrot cakes, cupcakes...you name it, she's got it. I'm such a sucker for "miniature" anything and they make amazing shower and party favors...the kind that makes the guest swoon from cuteness! The current shipment that is coming this weekend will be ornaments and I cannot wait to see them.


A couple of months back, I received an email from Norma saying she created a cake she decided to name "Cat" (see below). She had somehow replicated a triple layer wedding cake from one of our occasional cards. What an absolute honor it is to be on her dessert menu!


Judging from the way I've witnessed my well-heeled customers take off their shoes and literally climb into the display window to nab the last of her cakes, you'd think she'd be sitting on a nice pile of cupcake goodness. But this perhaps is what's most special about Norma: she donates 100% of the proceeds to charities (the proceeds from ours go to Animal Place in Vacaville). Just when you think you've given enough, there is Norma to remind you that you can give more. In that, she is a very inspiring Shop Friend indeed.

6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

my gosh the Cat cake looks like it popped out of your card in mini crochet perfection! i'm drooling over this post in awe of all the adorableness...

Unknown said...

Everything is so cute! hahaha. That should be my new tagline for you because I feel like that's all I ever say when I'm around you.

Bogey is so photogenic! When I take pictures of Brittnie she always ends up looking like a 90 year old grandma for some reason. :(

<3 See you soon!

Shop Friends said...

I think Norma's cakes have this ability of reducing everyone's vocab to:"CUTE" and "how CUTE is that?"

Jill said...

where can i buy these cute little cakes?

Shop Friends said...

you can purchase them through the boutique (we take cc and ship anywhere in the u.s). feel free to email us at:
shopfriends@gmail.com
I ordered two shipments from Norma and will receive more this week!

Anonymous said...

These are precious! I just linked to you from my blog: http://blog.feefifoto.com/. Any chance I could get my hands on a couple cupcakes?